I. Toidze (1902-1985).Your Motherland needs you!
Moscow, Leningrad., 1941s
Motherland is calling! - 1941
With the launch of Operation Barbarossa by the Germans in June 1941, the Soviet Union entered World War II. Supposedly, the story behind this poster is that the wife of the artist, Irakli Toidze, ran into his studio screaming "War!" upon hearing the news on the radio. Irakli asked her to freeze her movement, and her posture is what is seen in the poster, though her great looks were allegedly toned down a lot for the poster. It was indeed published in the very early stages of the German attack and became iconic in Soviet imagery.
SIZE OF POSTER 240 * 328 mm (9.4 inch * 12.9 inch)
REPRINT FROM ORIGINAL POSTER
Please view the pictures for your own estimation of the item.
The item on the picture is the one you will receive.
I accept PAYPAL.
1. I shall send it during 3 business of days after reception your payment.
2. I SHIP INTERNATIONALLY (WORLDWIDE).
3. I send Registered AIR MAIL (with Tracking Number)
4. Shipping and Handling for this item is $9.45
5. The delivery of item usually takes up to 14-28 working days due the slow postal services and strict custom clearances.