E. Lisitskii (1890-1941)
Reds' wedge is the Whites' death. Vitebsk., 1920
Beat the Whites with the red wedge - 1920
This famous piece by El Lissitzky shows the influence of the new avant garde modernist art movements on early Soviet propaganda. There is in fact a clear political message behind this design. When the revolution took place in Russia in 1917, it did not mean that the Soviet Union with its many components was immediatly formed. A civil war erupted between the communists, the reds, and the royalists supporting the old regime, the whites. With that in mind, this becomes a stylized battle plan for the communist victory, rather than just some abstract geometric design.
SIZE OF POSTER 240 * 328 mm (9.4 inch * 12.9 inch)
REPRINT FROM ORIGINAL POSTER
Please view the pictures for your own estimation of the item.
The item on the picture is the one you will receive.
I accept PAYPAL.
1. I shall send it during 3 business of days after reception your payment.
2. I SHIP INTERNATIONALLY (WORLDWIDE).
3. I send Registered AIR MAIL (with Tracking Number)
4. Shipping and Handling for this item is $12.75
5. The delivery of item usually takes up to 14-28 working days due the slow postal services and strict custom clearances.